Servers – Mamattuk Restaurant
We are seeking dynamic and passionate individuals to join our team as Servers for our new restaurant; Mamattuk, located in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL.
Mamattuk will be extremely dynamic in its offerings, serving guests as a restaurant, coffee bar, and lounge throughout the day, celebrating Labrador with elevated comfort food featuring local ingredients.
Located next to Royal Inn + Suites, Mamattuk will be a warm and inclusive social hub with an engaging and energizing atmosphere. Pulling inspiration from the land, people, and cultures, the restaurant will combine local charm and world-class hospitality.
The Server is responsible for the overall dining experience of each guest. The Server plays a key role in leading the guest experience and creating an environment where our guests feel comfortable and relaxed.
Server Key Roles:
- Be enthusiastic, professional, and hospitable
- Ensure every guest leaves wanting to return by providing a hospitable guest experience
- Give the guest suggestions/recommendations for food & drinks based on their wants or needs
- Possess a sincere attitude to be of service to others with a desire to succeed
- Collaborative: focused on success of the team not individual
- Passion for Guest Experience: provides exemplary guest service and builds relationships with guests/members to set the standard for employee
- Time Management: effectively manages time to achieve tasks while satisfying the member service need
- Organization: can effectively move between tasks and prioritize appropriately between execution, operational tasks, and cleanliness
- Table service: taking orders, answering menu and beverage inquiries, explaining daily features, placing orders through the POS while following all standards as it pertains to each task
- Communicate modifications, food preferences and/or allergies to the culinary team
- Ensure food is presented with exceptional level of detail prior to delivering to guests
Education and Job Requirements:
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized in a high-paced environment
- Must meet minimum provincial age for serving alcohol
- Minimum of 1-year related serving experience an asset
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Serve Responsible Newfoundland & Labrador considered an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours including mornings, days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to carry and lift items weighing 25+lbs., must be able to stoop and bend
- Must be able to stand and move for extended periods of time to continuously perform essential job functions
Salary and Benefits:
The benefits and perks are exceptional including a competitive salary, health/dental benefits, RRSP contributions, vacation leave and sick leave.
Mamattuk will open in Fall 2023.
The Nunacor Development Corporation is a progressive and innovative company that prides itself in offering an engaging work environment and positive workplace culture. We understand that our biggest asset is our people and we strive to offer a fulfilling and fun career choice for business professionals.
Nunacor is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.