Server Assistants – Mamattuk Restuarant
We are seeking dynamic and passionate individuals to join our team as Server Assistants for our new restaurant; Mamattuk, located in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL.
Mamattuk will be extremely dynamic in its offerings, serving guests as a restaurant, coffee bar, and lounge throughout the day, celebrating Labrador with elevated comfort food featuring local ingredients.
Located next to Royal Inn + Suites, Mamattuk will be a warm and inclusive social hub with an engaging and energizing atmosphere. Pulling inspiration from the land, people, and cultures, the restaurant will combine local charm and world-class hospitality.
The Server Assistant is responsible for the overall dining experience of each guest along with assisting the serving and bartending team. The Server Assistant plays a key role in creating the vibe and an environment where our guests feel relaxed and engaged. Be yourself, have fun and create a memorable and lasting impression whereby every one of our guests can’t wait to come back. Your passion for the guest experience is the cornerstone of our success.
Server Assistant Key Roles:
- Delivery of food & beverage to tables in the dining room
- Ensure cleanliness of overall dining room and bar – table resets, floors, and chairs
- Handling guest concerns with and without the support of the management team
- Preparation and cleanliness of dining room & service stands before, after & during each service
- Be enthusiastic, professional, and hospitable
- Support team in set up and execution of service
- Possess a sincere attitude to be of service to others with a desire to succeed
Server Assistant Competencies:
- Collaborative in a team environment, focused on success of the team not individual
- Maintain a sense of urgency and momentum
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and management.
Education and Job Requirements:
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized in a high-paced environment
- Must meet minimum provincial age for serving alcohol
- Minimum of 1 year related hospitality or customer facing experience
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Must be able to carry and lift items weighing 30lbs, must be able to stoop and bend
- Must be able to stand and move for extended periods of time to continuously perform essential job functions
- Ability to work flexible hours including mornings, days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays based on business needs
Salary and Benefits:
The benefits and perks are exceptional including a competitive salary, health/dental benefits, RRSP contributions, vacation leave and sick leave.
Mamattuk will open in Fall 2023.
The Nunacor Development Corporation is a progressive and innovative company that prides itself in offering an engaging work environment and positive workplace culture. We understand that our biggest asset is our people and we strive to offer a fulfilling and fun career choice for business professionals.
Nunacor is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.