Hosts – Mamattuk Restaurant
We are seeking dynamic and passionate individuals to join our team as Hosts for our new restaurant; Mamattuk, located in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL.
Mamattuk will be extremely dynamic in its offerings, serving guests as a restaurant, coffee bar, and lounge throughout the day, celebrating Labrador with elevated comfort food featuring local ingredients.
Located next to Royal Inn + Suites, Mamattuk will be a warm and inclusive social hub with an engaging and energizing atmosphere. Pulling inspiration from the land, people, and cultures, the restaurant will combine local charm and world-class hospitality.
Hosts are our Brand Ambassadors and are responsible for welcoming each guest in a friendly, warm, and inviting way. The Host plays a key role in creating the vibe and an environment where our guest feels relaxed and engaged.
Host Key Roles:
- Be enthusiastic, professional, and hospitable
- Ensure every guest leaves wanting to return by providing a hospitable guest experience
- Provide the guest suggestions/recommendations for seating and table options based on their wants or needs
- Possess a sincere attitude to be of service to others with a desire to succeed
- Ensuring the entrances, dining room and host stand are clean and organized including all equipment, tools, and surfaces
- Collaborative: focused on success of the team not individual
- Passion for Guest Experience: provides exemplary guest service and builds relationships with guests/members to set the standard for employee
- Warm and welcoming personality; attentive to guests needs
- Ability to stay organized and maintain composure under pressure
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and management
- Answering phones and assisting guests
- Communicate all reservation notes
- Assist in the preparation of dining room & service stands before, after & during each service
- Ensuring dining room and greater property is kept clean and tidy by adhering to procedures and checklists set out by Mamattuk
Education and Job Requirements:
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized in a high-paced environment
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a full-service restaurant or customer facing environment an asset
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Ability to work flexible hours including mornings, days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to carry and lift items weighing 25+lbs., must be able to stoop and bend
- Must be able to stand and move for extended periods of time to continuously perform essential job functions
Salary and Benefits:
The benefits and perks are exceptional including a competitive salary, health/dental benefits, RRSP contributions, vacation leave and sick leave.
Mamattuk will open in Fall 2023.
The Nunacor Development Corporation is a progressive and innovative company that prides itself in offering an engaging work environment and positive workplace culture. We understand that our biggest asset is our people and we strive to offer a fulfilling and fun career choice for business professionals.
Nunacor is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.