Dishwashers – Mamattuk Restaurant
We are seeking dynamic and passionate individuals to join our team as Dishwashers for our new restaurant; Mamattuk, located in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL.
Mamattuk will be extremely dynamic in its offerings, serving guests as a restaurant, coffee bar, and lounge throughout the day, celebrating Labrador with elevated comfort food featuring local ingredients.
Located next to Royal Inn + Suites, Mamattuk will be a warm and inclusive social hub with an engaging and energizing atmosphere. Pulling inspiration from the land, people, and cultures, the restaurant will combine local charm and world-class hospitality.
The Dishwasher at the Mamattuk is one of the most important roles in the culinary department. The Dishwasher is responsible for supporting the execution of all food and beverage items by providing clean and sanitized dishes and utensils to meet service needs as well as for guest use. Working alongside the culinary team, the Dishwasher plays an essential part in ensuring that the business consistently delivers high-quality products in a clean and safe environment.
Dishwasher Key Roles:
- Prepares the kitchen to ensure proper set-up for execution
- Cleans and sanitizes all dishes, utensils, cooking equipment in a timely manner
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation
- Assist with basic food production when required
- Assists with receiving and verifying the quality and quantity of delivered products
- Operation systems adherence for execution, organization, and cleanliness
- Be enthusiastic, professional, and hospitable
- Possess a sincere attitude to be of service to others with a desire to succeed
- Organization: can effectively move between tasks and prioritize appropriately between execution, operational tasks, and cleanliness
- Time Management: effectively manages time to achieve business goals while satisfying the guest service needs.
- Communication: provides regular and relevant information on cleanliness and equipment maintenance
- Reliable: able to earn trust and take on tasks as assigned and required by Chef
Education and Job Requirements:
- No experience required but considered an asset
- Food Safety Course and W.H.M.I.S.
- Must be able to carry and lift items weighing 25+ lbs, must be able to stoop and bend
- Must be able to stand and move for extended periods of time to continuously perform essential job functions
- Ability to work flexible hours including mornings, days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays based on business needs
Salary and Benefits:
The benefits and perks are exceptional including a competitive salary, health/dental benefits, RRSP contributions, vacation leave and sick leave.
Mamattuk will open in Fall 2023.
The Nunacor Development Corporation is a progressive and innovative company that prides itself in offering an engaging work environment and positive workplace culture. We understand that our biggest asset is our people and we strive to offer a fulfilling and fun career choice for business professionals.
Nunacor is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.