Cooks – Mamattuk Restaurant
We are seeking dynamic and passionate individuals to join our team as Cooks for our new restaurant; Mamattuk, located in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL.
Mamattuk will be extremely dynamic in its offerings, serving guests as a restaurant, coffee bar, and lounge throughout the day, celebrating Labrador with elevated comfort food featuring local ingredients.
Located next to Royal Inn + Suites, Mamattuk will be a warm and inclusive social hub with an engaging and energizing atmosphere. Pulling inspiration from the land, people, and cultures, the restaurant will combine local charm and world-class hospitality. We are seeking individuals for the following Cook positions:
- Breakfast Cook
- Flex Cooks
- First Cooks
- Second Cooks
Cooks responsible for the execution of food menu items in an accurate and efficient manner. Cooks are required to be organized and detail oriented. These positions play a key role in ensuring that the business consistently delivers high-quality food products, as well as working cohesively with the culinary team to support the successful execution of the menu from preparation to plate presentation.
Cook Key Roles:
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and demonstrate a genuine positive demeanor throughout the shift while working collaboratively with the culinary team
- Ensure every guest receives the Mamattuk food experience and leaves eager to return
- Recipe adherence and menu production management
- Inventory management conducted through the accurate handling of all ingredients
- Operation systems adherence for execution, organization, and cleanliness
- Possess a sincere attitude to be of service to others with a desire to succeed
- Cooking Skills: exceptional level of cooking prowess which ensures that any part of menu production or culinary operation can be successfully supported
- Organization: can effectively move between tasks and prioritize appropriately between execution, operational tasks, and cleanliness
- Time Management: effectively manages time to achieve business goals while satisfying the guest service needs
- Communication: provides regular and relevant information on product quality and availability to management and culinary team
- Reliable: able to earn trust and take on tasks as assigned and required by Chef
Education and Job Requirements:
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized in a high-paced environment
- Must meet minimum provincial age for serving alcohol
- Minimum of 1 year related hospitality or customer facing experience
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Must be able to carry and lift items weighing 30lbs, must be able to stoop and bend
- Must be able to stand and move for extended periods of time to continuously perform essential job functions
- Ability to work flexible hours including mornings, days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays based on business needs
Salary and Benefits:
The benefits and perks are exceptional including a competitive salary, health/dental benefits, RRSP contributions, vacation leave and sick leave.
Mamattuk will open in Fall 2023.
The Nunacor Development Corporation is a progressive and innovative company that prides itself in offering an engaging work environment and positive workplace culture. We understand that our biggest asset is our people and we strive to offer a fulfilling and fun career choice for business professionals.
Nunacor is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.