Business Growth Officer
Nunacor’s mission is to cultivate sustainable growth and development opportunities through sound business decisions, strategic partnerships, and innovative thinking. Our vision is to contribute to a prosperous and self-reliant NunatuKavut.
To support this vision, we are now seeking a Business Growth Officer who will be responsible for business development, marketing, and sales activities on behalf of Nunacor, subsidiary companies, and partners. They will also monitor the labor market for business opportunities in Labrador, prepares project bids, maintains contacts with strategic partners and clients, and seeks to identify business opportunities for the Corporation.
- Prepares and implements sales plans and strategies for all business lines.
- Prepares and coordinates business plans.
- Conducts sales for all lines of business, by phone and in-person.
- Coordinates and recommends direction on available financing sources for business activities.
- Research, analyze, and monitor labor market data in Labrador, specifically within the NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC) territory.
- Prepares detailed progress reports.
- Maintain contact with Nunacor Strategic Partners and key clients.
- Monitors bidding opportunities and coordinates RFP responses for Nunacor and subsidiary companies.
- Maintains Nunacor’s partnership documentation and filing system.
- Maintains Nunacor’s social media accounts.
- Maintains website and marketing materials for all business lines.
- Manages sales tracking software.
- Represents Nunacor and coordinates Nunacor’s involvement at conferences and business events.
- Other business development duties as assigned. Travel throughout NunatuKavut communities.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business plans, financial reports, technical reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to develop messaging and content for marketing materials.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from clients, government agencies, or members of the business community and NunatuKavut Community Council membership.
- Ability to write proposals, progress reports, and letters that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to analyze financial statements and budgets.
Education and/or Experience
- Successfully completed post-secondary education in business administration, marketing, finance or similar field of study; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel within Canada.
- Attractive salary and benefits package, including employer contributions for retirement savings plan (RRSP or TFSA) and/or health and dental insurance.
- An exceptional employee leave program that includes vacation leave, cultural leave, holidays, personal responsibility leave and sick leave.
- Annual travel allowance and wellness bonus.
- A commitment to professional development (including yearly PD allowance), continuous learning, and promotion opportunities.
- Under our Makik Sustainability initiative we offer employee wellness workshops as well as regular team activities to celebrate our successes and culture.
The location of this position is preferably Happy Valley – Goose Bay. Nunacor is ISO 9001 Quality Management Certified and ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Certified.
All resumes will be kept confidential. Nunacor is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Deadline for submissions: March 07, 2024 at 4PM AST