Bartenders – Mamattuk Restaurant
We are seeking dynamic and passionate individuals to join our team as Bartenders for our new restaurant; Mamattuk, located in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL.
Mamattuk will be extremely dynamic in its offerings, serving guests as a restaurant, coffee bar, and lounge throughout the day, celebrating Labrador with elevated comfort food featuring local ingredients.
Located next to Royal Inn + Suites, Mamattuk will be a warm and inclusive social hub with an engaging and energizing atmosphere. Pulling inspiration from the land, people, and cultures, the restaurant will combine local charm and world-class hospitality.
The Bartender is responsible for the overall dining experience of each guest. The Bartender plays a key role in creating the vibe and an environment where our guest feels relaxed and engaged.
Bartender Key Roles:
- Provide the guest suggestions/recommendations for food and beverages based on their wants or needs
- Create exceptional beverages for guests
- Manage inventory of all bar products
- Ensure bar and lounge is kept clean and tidy, including equipment, tools, and surfaces
- Be enthusiastic, professional, and hospitable
- Possess a sincere attitude to be of service to others with a desire to succeed
- Collaborative: focused on success of the team not individual
- Passion for Guest Experience: provides exemplary guest service and builds relationships with guests/guests to set the standard for employees
- Time Management: effectively manages time to achieve tasks while satisfying the guest service needs
- Organization: can effectively move between tasks and prioritize appropriately between execution, operational tasks, and cleanliness
Education and Job Requirements:
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized in a high-paced environment
- Minimum of 1-year related bartending experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a full-service restaurant environment an asset
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Ability to work flexible hours including mornings, days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to carry and lift items weighing 25+ lbs, must be able to stoop and bend
- Must be able to stand and move for extended periods of time to continuously perform essential job functions
- Serve Responsible Newfoundland & Labrador
Salary and Benefits:
The benefits and perks are exceptional including a competitive salary, health/dental benefits, RRSP contributions, vacation leave and sick leave.
Mamattuk will open in Fall 2023.
The Nunacor Development Corporation is a progressive and innovative company that prides itself in offering an engaging work environment and positive workplace culture. We understand that our biggest asset is our people and we strive to offer a fulfilling and fun career choice for business professionals.
Nunacor is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.