Assistant Manager – Mamattuk Restaurant
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate leader to join our team as Assistant Manager for our new restaurant; Mamattuk, located in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL.
The Assistant Manager of Mamattuk is designed to give the General Manager (GM) support while also ensuring floor operations and guest execution is maintained to exceptional standards. The Assistant Manager is responsible to assist the GM with the smooth execution and organization of all the front of house day-to-day operations as well as maintaining and assisting with overseeing financial responsibilities such as labour and beverage-related costs.
The Assistant Manager is also crucial to upholding the Mamattuk vision for the exceptional guest experience, as well as ensuring that the business consistently delivers high-quality food and beverage products. The Assistant Manager acts as a role model, coach, and leader to all hourly employees, all while leading the business towards financial success while upholding Mamattuk’s brand image and values.
Assistant Manager Key Roles:
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and demonstrate a genuine positive demeanor throughout the shift while motivating and leading the team
- Ensure every guest receives superior service and leaves eager to return
- Manage and oversee the food operations through action with the presence on the floor when required
- Service standards and training with focus on Guest experience standards from the top down
- Assist with sales planning and building within each department
- Assist with people progression and development training
- Works with management to ensure a working environment that is both inclusive and collaborative with team members at levels promoting a culture of development from within
- Assist with fiscal reporting; budget creation, sales forecasting, labour, and inventory cost management
- Assist with strategic planning; business plan development, department promotion, action planning and participation in corporate level marketing and promotional planning
- Active participation in senior management meetings and business development as required
- Proactive Planning: manage and maintain appropriate inventory levels for food, beverage, and operational supplies.
- Passion for Guest Experience: provides exemplary guests service and builds relationships with guests to set the standard for employees.
- Time Management: effectively manages time to achieve business goals while satisfying the guest service needs.
- Communication: provides clean, open, and consistent communication with guests and staff. Actively listens and receives feedback.
- Problem Solving: responsive, calm, creative and flexible to ensure operations continue to run smoothly in the face of the unexpected.
- Consistency: approachable by both employees and guests. Actions and reactions are consistent to create a safe and comfortable environment for employees and guests.
- Business Awareness: knows how to read a P&L and understands what contributes to each section. Understands how to impact the costs and manage expenses.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a full-service environment
- Minimum of 1 year experience at the supervisory or management level
- Experience in a multi-department environment considered an asset
- Experience in a new restaurant opening considered an asset
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to: POS, inventory software, scheduling software, excel and word.
- Food Safety Course and W.H.M.I.S. – SkillspassNL
- Serve Responsible Newfoundland & Labrador
- Wine certification / sommelier accreditation considered an asset
- Must be able to carry and lift items weighing 25+ lbs., must be able to stoop and bend
- Must be able to stand and move for extended periods of time to continuously preform essential job functions
- Ability to work flexible hours including mornings, days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays based on business needs.
Salary and Benefits:
- 100% health and dental (after probationary period)
- Bonus plan
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
Mamattuk will open in the Fall 2023.
The Nunacor Development Corporation is a progressive and innovative company that prides itself in offering an engaging work environment and positive workplace culture. We understand that our biggest asset is our people and we strive to offer a fulfilling and fun career choice for business professionals.
Nunacor is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.